Observations on the Road to...

Friday, May 1, 2009

Phonogram 2.2

Here's a link to a 5 page preview to PG2.2 that was just released this week.

I have a confession to make: I haven't been a very good comic reader of late. I just haven't been reading a lot of comics lately. I get a small amount of books from my LCS each week, but I've been having trouble just keeping up. But right now, one comic that I'm particularly fond of is Phonogram. So if you're one of my friends who reads comics, but not this one, or just doesn't read comics, or a stranger who found this blog completely of a whim, I urge you to pick this issue up, even if you hadn't read the first series, or the first issue of this current series. In fact, I dare say it's probably the best issue for someone like me to peddle to someone who's new to Phonogram to get that person hooked.

And yes, fellow CSS fans, the words on the cover to PG2.2 is in reference to "Let's Make Love and Listen To Death From Above." There's actually more CSS goodies in the back of the issue as part of the annotations and etc., but I'm gonna make you go and read it for yourself. So if you like comics, you'll dig it. If you like music (particularly indie-rock), you'll dig it. (I kind of used a similar enough line in an earlier post concerning PG2.1 back in December, but hey, it still applies, so whatever.) And if you don't like either, then what the hell is wrong with you?... kidding, of course. But I gotta believe there's something awesome for any and everyone to latch onto with this book even if you *think* it isn't your cup of tea. So find a comic shop that has a copy, and pick it up.

No comments: