Observations on the Road to...

Monday, September 24, 2007

Off the Grid

So I'm finally back online for the first time since last the Thursday night. It feels refreshing to go away after a while. For the most part, I've used my hibernation as a means to focus of getting some writing done. Two Fridays ago, I made a deal with Dang to turn in pages into him every so often to keep my focus on finishing the ol screenplay.

I'm aiming on getting my first draft of said screenplay done by next Monday, and then spend October on tightening everything up. On Friday, the first volume of the Jack Kirby Fourth World Omnibus finally came in. It's my birthday gift from my buddy Ray. It's about a month after the fact, but he finally ordered it couple weeks back. So on Friday, after the mail came in, that Omnibus hardcover was just staring at me, baiting me to unwrap the plastic around it, flip through all the Jack Kirby goodness. But I persevered, and I mustered the will power to finish my page count goal for the week. I'm increasing this week's goal twofold from last week. Fun times lie ahead on the horizon!

No comments: