Observations on the Road to...

Thursday, October 18, 2007

So. Damn. Close.

Yeah. I've already told a few friends that I'm closing in on the finish line on the ol script. I just need to find some time. I wish I could post a photo on the new desk that I've had my eye on ever since I went to Ikea last weekend. But let's just say that I didn't want to leave the model desk that was on the show floor when I was in Palo Alto. Not only because of how much I love the desk, but also because my ass hand never felt so comfortable in a "computer" chair.

Anyway, I've made the recent observation that in my writings, whether screenplay, prose, letters to friends, or IMs, that I have an incessant need to funny it up a bit. I dunno, maybe I'm making too much of it. My neurosis gets the best of me sometimes, but I think I just get worried that sometimes something just sounds too serious if I don't bring some sort of funny to the writing. Then ten minutes after the fact, I come to the assumption that I probably should've let well enough alone, and I wanna lightly slap the top of my forehead and ask myself "Why did I feel I had to write that?"

Like I said: I probably do over think it, but I'll try not to anymore.

No comments: