Observations on the Road to...

Friday, May 25, 2007

Countdown

Not the DC weekly comic, but to well... the weekend's festivities. This is a big weekend for me. Probably more than I realize right now. Ever since walking out of class on Wednesday afternoon, I've been in a daze. I've been just trying to take notice of every last detail out of every last thing that I've come across, as well as trying to enjoy everything too.

I'll say it right now, just so I can prove documentation, but also so that I can just relieve myself of it, but, well... I'm gonna be a wreck tomorrow. Not just because I'm goin out bar hoppin' tonight (in a few hours), but it's my graduation day. A big day. And I'm gonna lose it at some point, and in typical fashion, I will try to hold it in. But hard as it I may try, no dam or levy will contain the river that will hit me.

My family and friends in attendance will likely get teary eyed, too. This is a big weekend that also includes a production assistant job on Sunday for the Mission Street Carnival, and I get paid for it too. And I owe a huge bit of THANKS to my firend James for helping me get this gig.

This is a huge weekend. I'm aware of that. I'm just trying to compartmentalize it all. Right now is just the calm before the storm. And with that, let the countdown begin!

No comments: