Observations on the Road to...

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Last Final

Well I hope so, anyway. My film noir final was supposed to be on Friday, but got an email on Monday night from my professor telling us she was changing it to Wednesday. As in today, Wednesday. Hrrmmm, did that ever add stress on my shoulders. Bougie. Bougie I say! Anyhow, I took the final, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I just also hope I get credit for the three one-unit classes I took as well. There's no real reason why shouldn't though. I wrote those papers well enough. Maybe I'm just thinkin about everything too much.

I'm just trying to wrap myself around the fact that I'm essentially done with school. I won't flat out say "it" "officially" until I receive my diploma in the mail. But yeah, I'm done. I. AM. DONE. Let me say write that one more time: I AM DONE. There are only so many points in one's life where you feel the curents in your life change. This is definitely one of those times. I'm just trying to soak it all in, and enjoy it somehow.

No more waking up in the morning to go to school. So what now?

I get up in the morning to make that money. With a little help and support from my family and friends, and maybe some strangers, too... I just might be able to make that money by being a writer. I know I have it in me to do it. I feel it. I know I'm not meant to be on this earth for any other reason.

It's scary, it's crazy, it's a helluva challenge. So fuck it: It's time to make it happen.

2 comments:

alishaf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alishaf said...

Glad to see that you're blogging and quite frequently. I will eventually get around to this once this pressure cooker of a semester is over!