Observations on the Road to...

Monday, May 14, 2007

The Virgin Post

Get your heads out of the gutter. This is my first blog post here on blogger.

I have been working on completing my first feature length (spec) screenplay. I've been working on it since the beginning of last fall, dating back to my screenwriting class. I've since continued working on the script while in my current screenwriting class.

I don't like that the best way to describe this story as by saying: "It's a personal story that..." Yet, the hell with it. This story is what it is. It's a semi-autobiographical story. I mean, I've yet to learn much of anything. Or at least, that's how I see things, and so, what do I know??

I know enough about my life, my neurosis, and everybody that's in it, so that's what I've done. I'm relatively done with all the stuff a writer is supossed to do before he even begins writing "FADE IN," and am about 50 some odd pages into the first draft. It's got a structure to it that I'm really quite proud of, and I think I've wasted enough time this morning trying to set up this account and making this first post.

But basically, most of the time I'll post stuff about the script, or about how the writing of it is going, and whatever else comes or goes in my life. Like for instance, Diane IM's me about how to set up her iPod to her computer, and coversely, how to set up her iTunes, or that I woke up at 6:30 this am, and went to rented my Cap and Gown for Graduation... surreal stuff goin on in my life right now. Just though I'd write it down.

No comments: